Host Site Applications for Show Me the Money Day 2018 are NOW OPEN!
- Applicants must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, serve low-to-moderate income individuals, become a CEDAM member for 2018 and send at least one individual to Host Site Training on September 22 in Lansing.
- Apply to become a Host Site: Host Site Applications and Grant Applications for Show Me The Money Day 2018 are due October 6, 2017.
- Register for Host Site Training: FREE and MANDATORY Host Site Training will take place on Friday, September 22, 2017 in Lansing. You may register for training if you have not turned in an application.
Hosting a Show Me the Money Day Event in Your Community: What You Need To Know
Show Me the Money Day is a series of free, public financial resource fairs throughout Michigan. These annual events take place in January and February in order to kick off tax time and promote savings. They feature free and low-cost financial products, workshops, games, prizes, food and fun.
The events are planned and executed by CEDAM member organizations. Host Site organizations tailor events to fit their communities’ needs.
CEDAM’s role is to provide technical assistance and support surrounding the events. For 2018 events, CEDAM will provide the following:
- Free Host Site Training in Lansing
- Mini-grants of up to $500 per event
- Physical posters and postcards with logos and event information
- Graphic design services
- One-on-one technical assistance
- Biweekly technical assistance calls
- Data collection and reporting support
- Marketing, fundraising and planning guides
Applications open during summer 2017 and are due Friday, October 6, 2017. They are accepted on a rolling basis.
If you would like to get involved, become a sponsor, or learn more about an event in your area, please contact Allyson Brooks.
Like Show Me The Money Day on Facebook to get the latest updates
Questions? Contact Allyson Brooks
Archived Training Materials